2022 Senior Bowl Preview Part 1 5-TechsB

seestyle
12.10.2022 @ 04.24

The 2022 Senior Bowl takes place next week, and its certainly worth paying attention to in regards to the Seahawks. The college all-star event has seriously influenced the Seahawks drafting in past years. General manager John Schneider has picked 30 attendees in his 12 drafts in Seattle; the team's interest has become a meme-level trend.PLAYERPOSITIONYEARROUNDAnthony McCoyTE20106James CarpenterG20111John MoffittG20113K.J. WrightLB20114Richard ShermanCB20115Bobby WagnerLB20122Ru sell WilsonQB20123Jaye HowardDE20124Jordan HillDT20133Chris HarperWR20134Ty PowellLB20137Kevin NorwoodWR20144Tyler LockettWR20153Jarran ReedDT20162Nick VannettTE20163Quinton JeffersonDT20165Ethan PocicC20172Amara DarbohWR20173Justin SeniorT20176Rashaad PennyRB20181Shaquem GriffinLB20185L.J. CollierDE20191Marquise BlairS20192Gary JenningsWR20194Jordyn BrooksLB20201Damien LewisG20203Alton RobinsonDE20205Stephen SullivanTE20207Dee EskridgeWR20212Tre BrownCB20214Even before we receive the measurements out of the Mobile Convention Centerand even prior to the invaluable practice film arrives from Hancock Whitney Stadiumthere are already three position groups with a https://www.teammetsstore.co… clear Seattle feel.Let's kick things off by focusing on the big end/5-tech players.The Seahawks' pa s rush suffered from a lack of consistency in 2021. Poor production was particularly noticeable from the 5-technique defensive end spot, where the additions of Kerry Hyder Jr. and Robert Nkemdiche struggled to get going. Rasheem Greenthe other man at this spothad a low pre sure percentage despite his 6.5-sack total. He is also entering 2022 free agency. For more pain, read .There are myriad intriguing Senior Bowl options to play the bubble-side end spot in Pete Carroll's defense. While Al https://www.teammetsstore.co… Woods is likely to return for early down usage, the Seahawks are in desperate need of a 5-tech who can offer more as a quarterback hunter and come useful on early downs. In their cheetah package last season, this player often played inside, aligning on the outside shoulder of the guard at 3-technique as Seattle deployed its best four pa s rushers. While the Seahawks are unlikely to find a Michael Bennett in 2022, they are looking for that kind of inside-out player. For more on what the role entails, you should read .Houstons Logan Hall immediately pops. He was listed at 6-foot-7 and 275 pounds in Bruce Feldmans looking at the most athletically-gifted college players of 2021, with figures of 375 pounds in the bench and 365 in the clean. Hall's experience playing on the interior will be a fluorescent green highlighter pen on Seattle's board.Logan Hallthe defensive linemen from Houstonof all the players I saw live this year, he had the most wow factor to me in terms of the body type, Senior Bowl executive director (and one-time Seattle area scout) Jim Nagy the podcast on January 6.Scroll to ContinueHe walked out the tunnel at Tulane. And I was out thereit was a Thursday night gamethere was a lot of NFL scouts there, and we all just looked https://www.teammetsstore.co… at each other like, Holy cow! I mean this dude is impre sive looking. You know we had his teammate in the game last yearPayton Turner who went in the first round to the Saints. And theyre not exactly the same playeractually, Logans a little looser of an athletebut youre talking about a 6-6, 275-, 280-pound man that you can move up and down the front and hes gonna be disruptive.Up and down the front is exactly what Seattle requires from this position. Nagy is clearly a fan of Hall, repeating his talking points while mentioning versatility a few weeks later. Logan Halls one of my personal favorites, Nagy Rob Staton of . You know of all the players I saw this year live in games, he was maybe the most physically impre sive guy I saw. Theres a wow factor when you see Logan come out in his pads. Very similar to like last year, Payton Turnerhis former teammate who came down. Payton had a great week, went in the late first round to the Saints. And theyre not identical players, but theyre big men that have the same type of versatility.Like Hall, San Diegos Cameron Thomas will be looking to prove https://www.teammetsstore.co… his tape and production versus non-Power 5 opponents is legit versus the higher level of Senior Bowl competition. Thomas lined up acro s the Aztecs defensive line. to , his 66 pre sures were the second-most in the country, while his 11.5 sacks tied for sixth-highest and his 14 knockdowns led all defenders.Another 5-tech option is Kentuckys Josh Paschal, who received an endorsement from my co-host, Griffin Sturgeon.There are plenty of other potential Seattle 5-techs we will see: Floridas Zachary Carter, Texas A&Ms Michael Clemons, Minnesotas Esezi Otomewo and Oklahomas Isaiah Thomas all appear to fit the mold. Heck, even Alabamas Phidarian Mathis suddenly starts looking like more of a big end if he slims down in his runs and https://www.teammetsstore.co… you start buying into his contain on pa s," looping rushes to the edge from an inside-shoulder-of-tackle alignment similar to that of Seattles big end in its bear fronts.DisclaimerObviously, the earline s of a Senior Bowl preview is likely to end in tears. Some of these guys might become clear first-roundersa period of the draft the Seahawks dont have a pick in. As the tape is watched, the numbers arrive, the interviews happen and the boards settle: misery will inevitably occur. Please, though, get caught up in the excitement rather than the pe simism! I have a virtual Senior Bowl credential (going to mi s overindulging on peanut butter and chocolate) and will cover the event as it happens for .

«
»

K zapojení do fóra je nutná registrace

NEJOBLÍBENĚJŠÍ

HRY DO MOBILU

God of War: Betrayal

God of War: Betrayal

Pokud chce Kratos získat zpět svou pozici boha války, musí využít destruktivní zbraně a magické útoky.

Tournament Arena Soccer 3D

Tournament Arena Soccer 3D

Tournament Arena Soccer 3D je unikátní java hra, fotbal ve 3D prostředí. Bitva na hřišti začíná! Zvolte si svůj tým a vyhrávejte zápasy! K dispozici je...

Facebreaker

Facebreaker

Zasyp soupeře údery, ať ani rána nepadne vedle v této boxerské arkádě! Znič mimořádně silné protivníky s jedinečnými styly a unikátními pohyby....